How it works
Sitters Without Borders, inc. ("SWOB") provides free babysitting sessions to low-income families in which at least one parent is attending college. Our target demographic is low-income single mothers but we consider single fathers on a case-to-case basis. Our operations rely on volunteer babysitters who serve qualified residents of Greater Boston area. A qualified family is provided with free 4-hour babysitting session per week. Additional sessions per week are available for a flat fee. Families are matched with their sitters based on availability, experience, and preferences.
Safety and quality
- Background checks (CORI and SORI), multiple professional and personal reference checks, and thorough interviews are conducted for both sitters and families (including all household members).
- Sitters undergo specific training for our babysitting program and are CPR and First Aid trained.
- Quality feedback forms are filled out by parents and sitters after every session for evaluation and to inform future matchings.
- Family homes are inspected based on rigorous safety requirements before the first sitting session.
- Sitting sessions occur between the hours of 8am and 10pm.
- Both families and sitters receive profiles and important sitting details of each other prior to sitting sessions.