Volunteer with SWOB
Volunteer to babysit
Babysitting with SWOB is an experience like no other. You will develop a meaningful relationship with both, the mother and the child, and witness how your act of kindness makes a world of difference in their lives.
Whether you want to help a student parent succeed in college by watching their child while they attend classes, or just want to get involved in community service, SWOB welcomes enthusiastic Bostonians to apply!
Help a mother break out of the poverty cycle and become economically independent only by playing with her child for a few hours a week!
There are 72 mothers in the Boston area, waiting to be matched to a sitter like you!
To apply for a volunteer babysitter position, you must:
- Be 18+ years old
- Have graduated high school
Safety and quality
- Background checks (CORI and SORI), multiple professional and personal reference checks, and thorough interviews are conducted for both sitters and families (including all household members).
- Sitters undergo specific training for our babysitting program and are CPR and First Aid trained.
- Quality feedback forms are filled out by parents and sitters after every session for evaluation and to inform future matchings.
- Family homes are inspected based on rigorous safety requirements before the first sitting session.
- Sitting sessions occur between the hours of 8am and 10pm.
- Both families and sitters receive profiles and important sitting details of each other prior to sitting sessions.
Other volunteering opportunities
Contact us regarding any of these or any other relevant interests that may help us improve!